It is day 3 of taking the 5-HTP’s. If you will recall, I have been depressed for a little over a month. It has been on of those lingering, deep, dark depressions. However, with the 5-HTP’s, a naturally occurring amino acid, I have started noticing some improvements. I would not say I am 100% yet, but I did manage to go all day yesterday without shedding a single tear. Also, I wasn’t all doom and gloom all day. I even managed to crack a joke or two and smile occasionally.
While I may not be where I want to be yet, I’ve been feeling so much better, I’ve even managed to look to the future. The past month I have just been existing. Living one day to the next, with little to no hope for the future. But, with the up swing in my mood, that I am praying will last, I managed to set a few goals for me to work on this next week.
- Wake up at 6 a.m. every morning. This one will be a struggle because I am naturally a night owl. I have to work on this or I end up sleeping all day and get nothing done.
- Bedtime at 10 p.m. Again, this will be a struggle, because normally I view night-time, after the wrecking crew goes to bed as my time. Instead of having several hours in the middle of the night where I do nothing except watch TV or be on the computer, I am going to try to accept an hour in the morning and 2 after the girls 8 p.m. bed time as my time. I am hoping this helps me with keeping my house work done up, since I’ll be awake during the day for a change.
- 8 hours of sleep every night. For the most part, my current sleeping habits are either 3 or 4 hours during the day or 12, 15, 18 etc. hours (however many Chris will let me get away with) on the weekends.
- Drink more water.
- Go back to the gym. I plan on resuming my workouts starting Monday (finally). I’ve changed them up a bit, because I am home and alone so much, I’ve added some stuff in hopes to ward off this depression and keep me busy.
- Work on my diet. I have even made a menu for the week.
It is a start at least. I jumped right in and was racking it in October/November. I am hoping it will be just as easy to resume.
Weigh in in the morning and Zumba tomorrow afternoon….
Hope you had a great weekend!