Caution: Road Block Ahead…

That pretty well sums up my entire day yesterday.

Yesterday was the first day in well over a month that I just felt bad.  It was also the first day I really struggled at the gym.

I didn’t sleep well the night before (maybe 2 hours total).  When I finally did fall asleep I was awaken by a loud shreeking sound.  Chris and I both sat straight up in bed, just looking at one another.  We had plugged the heater in the bathroom in, so we kinda thought maybe the cat had gotten into it.  I could see the look of sheer panic on Chris, he just knew he was going to have to go in there and retrieve a smoldering kitty.

As he gathered up the courage to venture in to the bathroom, I went to get a towel and the Clorox wipes.  Don’t know what I was planning on doing, it seemed like a good plan at the time.  Suddenly, Chris comes running back into our bed room and shouts “There is something in the house!”  Then he darts back down the hall.

What?  Wait!  What do you mean, “There is SOMETHING in the house”?  In MY house??  He then yells back down the hall “Bring me my helmet!  I can hear it growling!”

What??  Something is growling and you want a helmet??  I ever so graciously handed him his helmet and trotted off to check on my kids.  Sure enough, they were all safe and sound, snug as bugs.

I came back to the kitchen, where Chris was.  I ask “How did SOMETHING get into MY house??”  Then we see it!

When the girls and I had gotten home earlier in the afternoon, they kept asking me “Doesn’t Cat look black to you?”  “Does Cat appear to be darker?”  I honestly didn’t think much about it.  I actually had thought they were just messing with me.  But NOOOOOOO, they had brought the stray black cat in, and didn’t actually bother to tell me.  Then they forgot they had let said stray cat in, so it hid.  It hid all evening and all night.  Then Cat did find the stray around 4 am.  That was the alarm that managed to bring me out of my blissful 2 hour nap.  It was also the alarm that prevented me from going back to bed.  I don’t know why, but if I get woke up once I do go to sleep, I can’t go back to sleep.

I actually felt pretty good though.  So after dropping the wrecking crew off at school, I decided to head to the gym for my interval, weight and core training.   As I was driving into town, Chris was still at the yard, so I thought I would be a good wife and pick him up some breakfast.  As I was ordering his breakfast, I thought I would “reward” myself for loosing 3 lbs by allowing myself to have a couple of carne asada burritos.  What harm could come from a little grilled meat, cheese, flour tortilla and hot sauce? 

In fact, the carne asada burritos didn’t appear to be greasy at all.  I bit in and it was so flavorful, and cheesy, and greasy.  I ate both. Iimmediately I started feeling like crap.  My tummy was hurting and I felt just blah.

I went ahead and went to the gym.  I was only able to stand the treadmill for about 10 minutes.  It did NOT feel good, and I thought I was going to hurl.  I figured I had just eaten too fast, so I decided to give my food sometime to settle and headed over to work on weights and my core.  I did, at least, manage to get all of my weights in and some of my core.  I decided to go ahead and shower, maybe that would help.  Not hardly!  I gave up and left.  I thought maybe I would start feeling better and could go to Zumba in the evening or something. 

At this point, I had to run around town to pay bills and finish picking up things for Thanksgiving.  I may be the last person on earth who prefers to pay bills using cash.  Because, every single month when I go to the various places to pay my bills, I get the same reaction…”You actually want to pay your bill using cash?  Well there is a fee for that!”  Ridiculous!  You are going to charge me to take my money?  Whatever.  I have actually just accepted this as part of my bill.

After all the bills were paid, I found myself in the middle of a shopping nightmare.  I don’t know why I put it off so long, but I did.  Apparently, everyone else within 100 miles of H.E.B. did as well.  It was so crowded.  People were running into each other and cussing and just being rude.  It never fails, if the store is crazy and the people in the store are being crazy, the older folks ALWAYS make their ways to my basket so they can goo and ahh at Camrynn.  Normally this doesn’t bother me.  After all, I know I got cute kids and they are friendly kids too, I expected it.  Yesterday, though, it was just too much.  I didn’t feel good, it was crowded, people were being crazy…just let me move on.  I tried to be courteous and would quickly tell Camrynn “Tell the lady/man bye-bye”  She would wave and say bye-bye, and OMG that would bring more people over.  I finally zoned out and pretended not to notice if someone was talking to her.  I know, rude right?

Two hours later, yes I said two hours, I managed to leave H.E.B.  I managed to get home, unload and put up the groceries just in time to go get the wrecking crew from school. 

When Carolyne got in the car she turns to me and says “William said his parents or his parent’s friends called the pound on our dogs.”  What?  William?  William that lives catty-corner from us?  They know what our dogs look like, why wouldn’t they just come tell us?  Why would someone do that? 

Then Carolyne tells me “Tammy keeps telling me that her Mom is going to have you thrown in jail for smoking!”  What?  I mean at this point all I can say is WTF??

  • Yes, I smoke and Yes, I am trying to quit
  • No, I do not throw my butts out the window
  • No, I do not smoke on school property
  • What I do in my vehicle is no ones business but my own
  • Why in the F*** would someone I don’t know, tell their kid to tell my kid to threaten me?

So at this point I am in full melt down mode.  I don’t understand why people have to constantly start shit (or at least try).  Through my tears I managed to tell Carolyne to tell her buddy Tammy to tell her Mom that is she doesn’t stop threatening me through my child, when I finished whipping her ass she would then have just cause to call the police.  I then tried to calm down and explained to Carolyne that the adult thing for Tammy’s mom to do if she has a problem with me or something I have done, is come talk to me.  I also told Carolyne of the importance of not making idle threats.  I told her if you are going to do something, do it.  Don’t threaten.  And damn sure don’t send messages through other people.

Anyways, I didn’t eat all day until last night.  Chris brought home chicken.  I had a small plate and called it good.  Today, so far, I have been back to managing my food and calories.  I did sleep good last night.  About 10 hours in fact.  Today I am feeling great.  Got some cleaning and cooking to do.  I am hoping I make it to Zumba this afternoon, but I will just have to see how my day plays out.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving…and I appreciate my opportunity to vent a little.


Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s